Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 7, 2008

"O Christmas Tree"

So here it is....our first Christmas tree together....and our second, and third, and fourth, etc. We were going to get a real tree, but decided to get this tree when we saw it in Walmart. Originally we headed to Walmart only to purchase a few inexpensive Christmas decorations. Once we got to the Christmas section, we saw this tree and decided that we would get it instead of going out in the 24 degree temperature and getting sick and probably frustrated! We looked at the practical side as well....aka, finances. You can't really beat a 7 1/2 foot tree for $78 (which is less than the cost of 2 real Christmas trees). I think it actually looks pretty real though! We are both proud of our tree!

Below are just a few of the Christmas decorations I put up around the house. Everybody knows I love precious moments figurines, so my mom gave me this little nativity scene. The background of the picture has a few Christmas snowglobes as well.

I need to get a few scented pinecones from Michaels Craftstore for this snowman "thingy." I think it's really supposed to hold U.S. mail, but I like to put festive things in it!

This picture is a little fuzzy, but it's a glass snowman candle holder and a festive lighthouse. Again, my mom gave me the lighthouse several years back. I can't remember where I got the snowman candle holder....but it's probably from her too!


So, I just wanted to have a little flash back.....back to my 1st Christmas tree. This is it! I was proud of it then....but it looks so whimpy compared to the one we have now! Below the picture of the tree is a picture I took during the winter...probably back in 2003/04ish. It was from my balcony. I thought it was pretty, and thought it would go well with this Christmas themed post, so I put it on!

2 comments:

  1. Is that snow from a recent storm or from the time when you got your first tree a few years ago? We got dumped on this morning. It made for some fun driving home from the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I can't wait to see it in person. You have way more festive decorations than we do. I think I'm just to lazy to put them up/take them down/store them etc.I remember the snow at your apartment. I think I have a very similar picture of your balcony.

    ReplyDelete