Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 25, 2008

"Lifestyle Changes"

Why is there a picture of Gold's Gym and iPod Nano's you ask? Well, it's quite simple. Other than the fact that I didn't really have anything else to post.....it's here because Troy and I decided to get our non-shapely bodies in shape! Yes, I'm probably making up words, but that doesn't really matter...you all get the point! Anyways, after months of feeling like we needed to do something about our ever increasing weight, we decided to join the gym when our apartment complex was having a promotion with the gym. $25/month, and only $25/down....you can't beat that anywhere really! Usually when there's a "promotional rate", the membership is limited... but not ours! We get full benefits! The really cool thing is that there is a seperate work out room for the women. This I'm sure will be used at some point in time! :)



And for the iPod nanos......you can't work out without some tunes! Troy and I broke down and bought one for each of us. We each got an 8GB nano for a really really good price! Troy got the lime green, and I got (you guessed it), PINK!! We decided to buy them because we are always paying bills and we needed to do something for us. Yes, money is tight, but in order to stay motivated and to get our $$ worth at the gym, we needed something! So, right before I updated our blog, I played around with both iPod nanos and converted all the music I had to iTunes.... which came out to be 976 tunes! Then I synchronized our iPod's....and now we each have nearly 1,000 tunes to keep us running! That should last for quite some time....oh, and the memory isn't even 1/2 full yet! Why didn't we get one earlier??? These things are AWESOME!!!



Wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. I was going to buy the orange nano but decided on the classic one instead :) I didn't think there would be a day I would break down and buy an iPod but I LOVE MINE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JD got an iPod from his dad when they first came out, and JD didn't ask for or want one, but after he got it and started using it, he loved it. I just have a little shuffle, which I use for my runs outside. Good luck on the gym thing. I kinda had a slump for 2 months after the last half marathon, and I didn't go workout at the gym much. I've been doing better at getting to the gym, since I started taking Sam and Alina to the daycare there while Danny is in school. I just can't get out of bed early to go running when it's dark and cold outside, so this option has been working well for me. I hope you find a routine for working out that is good for you! Remember that we all have slumps. the challenge is to get over the slump and resume exercising again. SO keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete