Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

30 Week Appointment

Had another great appointment today.  It was with my regular OB/GYN, not the high risk doctor (that's next week).  We went over my glucose numbers, and the dr. said he was very pleased and that the numbers look fantastic.  He was very happy that I understood how serious Gestational Diabetes is and that I took it seriously.  Nice to hear that the dr. thinks you are doing a great job!

We discussed my c-section as well.  Looks like it will be January 21st!  We took a look at the babies, and both are currently positioned head down.  That explains all the pelvic pressure I have been feeling.  He asked if I had been having contractions, but I told him at this point I can't tell because my uterus is so large and always hard.  I said nothing hurt in that area, which is good because if I was having contractions, they would hurt. 

Both babies look great.  We'll get updated information next week (weight, length, etc.).  I'll start doing weekly monitoring as well.  Apparently when I go in for appointments they'll hook me up to monitors and watch their heart rates for about 30 minutes. 

It's definitely reassuring to know that such great care is being taken to look out for the safety and health of my little boys!  :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY it is always nice to hear a Dr say you are doing a good job. I'm so glad one of us can manage our sugars. Well mine are MUCH better, but still need tweaking. Can't wait to see the little guys. Also looking forward to hearing the new surprise name.

    ReplyDelete